Monday, March 30, 2009

ARGH.

House hunting while fun and exciting is also exhausting and frustrating. As you know Matt and I put an offer on a home just a few days ago. In the last 1 1/2 days we've countered 3 times with the sellers of the house. I expected we would be involved in tug of war but man it seems to be never ending!

We officially signed off on our acceptance of the final counter at 9:41pm last night. Wendy, our dear realtor, was at Chili's with her hubby waiting for the other realtor to bring the acceptance papers for us to sign. Wendy had requested the papers be signed by 8pm but the other realtor found more important things to do like grocery shop, shower and grab a bite to eat. OK, I really don't know the other realtor at all, but really... why all the dawdling?

I'll tell you why. Because last night we learned that the other realtor is not only selling the house we want BUT she's also selling the "contingent" house from the original couple that put the first offer on the table!! So needless to say she has quite the commission on the line here. If we get the house her bank account won't be quite as enlarged. But alas, realtors are salesman and if I know anything about sales it's do whatever it takes to get the sale. I can't totally blame the other realtor for trying so hard to secure two home sales in one foul swoop... that's a very pretty penny!

Alright, so at least now we know why it's been such a struggle to negotiate with the sellers of the house we want. The good news is, it's finally out of ours hands. God knows who He wants the house to go to and we'll just patiently wait until April Fool's day at 9:41pm to find out whether or not the other buyers have removed their contingency. Ha, funny that it's April Fool's... even if we get the house I'll still wonder if it's real!

In the meantime, we're using our 48 hrs to make sure we're not missing out on THE perfect house for us. Wendy is continuing to search her database for new homes on the market or ones we may have missed. If she finds anything, we'll jet out to see it and if we find a house that suites our fancy more than the one we have an offer on we'll pull our offer- with the ok of the broker of course.

So there you have it... the search continues.

On another note... I have an interview today! It's with a staffing service who has openings in administrative positions. After I eat lunch I'll drive the 4 minutes to their office and spend an hour testing my computer skills. I even cut my nails this morning so I can make sure to wow them with my 90wpm. I am praying I find a M-F 9-5 position. The plan after that is to work part-time at one of the restaurants in town. It might be Granite City, it might not.

Thanks again for everyone who has been praying for the housing and the job situations. We truly appreciate it. Loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment