Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Trust in our Creator: This post should have been published months ago! Whoops!

Trust. Not in ourselves but in our Creator.

Friends, no matter where you are now, where you were yesterday or where you will be tomorrow, we have only one thing to do. Trust that God's plan will always far exceed our own.

As many of you know we travel a fair amount.  HA. Understatement of the century.  Truth is we haven't spent more than 2 years in the same place since we met and married in 2005.  The last seven years have been filled with all sorts of unexpected twists and turns.  There were many a valley in which I wondered if we would make it to the peak and I questioned what the heck God was doing.  Oh but did God know what he was doing!

Today I write from our beautiful town home in Tyler, TX.  I write while our precious 5 month old little girl sleeps and our sweet puppies lounge around the house.  I write while my husband works at a job he loves and one that provides for us allowing me to stay home. I write from a place of complete contentment. I write with a peace that surpasses my understanding. This peace comes from finally giving up on my need to control my life and handing everything over to the one who knows far more than I do.

I bought a small plaque a year ago that read, "Trust in the Lord with all of your heart; lean not on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5 It has served as a physical reminder to me of God's goodness.  A year later I look at this plaque and instead of pleading with God to free my heart of control, I praise God for the freedom I have found in trusting Him fully and not leaning on my own understanding.  As each day passes, I realize more and more that trusting God is all I have to do.  It takes so much less energy to trust God than it does to question every detail of my life.

Having our own daughter has truly changed my life.  God has shown me that out of nothing he can create something that is so precious and priceless and irreplaceable. Words can't describe the love I have for her.  No matter what she does or who she becomes, I will always love her with a love so deep it hurts.  I think of the love I have for my daughter and then I realize as a daughter of God how deeply he loves me.  The grace he has extended to me is amazing.  Through every peak and valley, God was there, he never left.

Trust. Trust that God is good and you will see how true this is. I pray for my friends and my family. That God would be the one you look to in every peak and valley.  I love the testimony God is creating for me.  We are so blessed to be on this journey. I am even more blessed to share my life with an incredible man of God and a baby that I pray grows to love the Lord as much as we do.

God is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment