Sunday, September 23, 2012

Brenna Rose: 5 Months!

5 Months and you just keep getting more and more FUN! 

September 18th, just two days after you turned 5 months old, you decided to roll!! I was on the floor playing with you as you kicked your little arms behind you and you swam like a fish with your arms in front of you.  Every now and then you would do a few baby push ups and then all of a sudden you were on your side.  This was not new.  You loved to tease us by moving onto your side and then simply rolling back onto your tummy.  But not THIS time! This time you went onto your side and kicked your sweet little baby leg over and boom! You landed on your back! 

Daddy was walking out of the room when I gasped, "Matt! She rolled! Our baby rolled!"  I giggled with glee.  It's amazing the pride that I have for your small and big developments.  I kept putting you back on your tummy so you could show me your amazing rolling ability over and over again.  You must have rolled a dozen times that night! Oh and did I mention it was already almost your bedtime?  What a perfect way to end our day. 

So far month 5 has been pure joy.  You are still nursing a couple of times a night but every now and then you will sleep through the night and I wake up feeling amazingly refreshed!  Gramma Cindy and Grampa John bought you your first chair!  You weren't sure what to make of it at first but now we have fun sitting you in it and helping you develop your muscles in preparation for sitting up on your own!

Grandpa Dale and Grandma Diane bought you an exersaucer.  It lets you play while standing up and you have already figured out how to bounce in it!  The sudden noises on the toys still startle you but you are beginning to figure out how to play.  I love watching you during play time.

Yesterday we took you to brunch at the main office of the Cascades and our friend Donya made the observation that you are like the Jason Bourne of babies!  You are extremely alert.  Whenever we take you somewhere you are "looking for all the exits" as Donya put it.  Just about everyone that meets you comments on your alertness.  We are so proud of you and of how calm and happy you are. 

We live so far away from your extended family but you are starting to recognize faces on Skype and that is very fun!  We still don't let you watch too much tv, but we figure a little computer screen time with family is ok every once in awhile!

Bath time is still one of your favorite times of day.  Although I am starting to wonder if play time is creeping in for your favorite activity!  Part of play time always involves the puppies.  You smile at them, giggle and love to stare at them.  I can't wait until you can chase them and pet them!

One of my favorite developments is how you sing when I come in to pick you up after naps.  It's a sound much like an owl, "hoooo, hoooo, hoooo."  You tend to sing most when you first wake up and when you get tired and are ready for bed. You also love it when mama sings.  I love singing to you and I love your smiles and giggles even more!







It's hard to believe you have been with us for 5 months already!  I love every minute sweet Brenna Rose!

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures of her at the end! :) This is a great way to record all the achievements of the month!

    ReplyDelete